8382Re: [NTO] Re-installing Windows

    Mar 20, 2009
      Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
      > I now store them in safety deposit box at a local bank.

      Very sensible. My backup drives are outside of any computer and
      unconnected to anything, so they are safe from software and most
      electrical mishaps (barring a direct lighning hit), but they are in
      the same room and only feet away from the working computer. Thus
      there are many scenarios possible getting at all of them, fire being
      just one. I've felt bad about that for ages but never enough to
      really do something.

      And, to be honest, a standard mass produced OS license, even if not
      at all cheap, is the least of my concerns.