8219Re: [NTO] Re: Need Efficient File Catalog

  • Alec Burgess
    Oct 23, 2008
      Sheri (silvermoonwoman@...) wrote (in part) (on 2008-10-23 at
      > > Thanks! I had forgotten about this program. Do you know what
      > > EccoMagic is? Their site is very confusing. Is it a program that
      > > builds on Ecco? Several programs maybe?
      > > http://eccomagic.com/
      > >
      > > Lotta
      > >
      > Not familiar with those, thanks for pointing them out. I haven't kept
      > up these new developements. Seems there's also another Ecco Yahoo
      > group now at http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/ecco_pro (which I
      > didn't know about either.
      > FWIW, I've managed to keep tons of info in Ecco and convert data in
      > and out of it forever without any add-ins.

      The new group features an enhancement to Ecco called eccoext
      (EccoExtension) that add some nice functionality to the Ecco -
      scriptable LUA, regular expressions, powerful filters, fix for Y2K bug.
      see here: http://eccoextdoc.wikispaces.com/

      EccoMagic is a set of enhancement programs that can be run with Ecco and
      also a discussion forum associated with the ecco_pro yahoo group. see
      here: http://www.eccomagic.com/forum/YaBB.pl

      If interested in Ecco also worth checking out SQLNotes (recently renamed
      to InfoQube)
      start here: www.*sqlnotes*.net/ *
      *Its in free beta right now but definitely usable in its current state.