8145Capture Menus to Text File?

  • Larry Hamilton
    Jul 29, 2008
      I remember some program I think I was introduced to on one of the
      NoteTab list 8 or 9 years ago. I have a need for it now, but do not
      remember what it was called.

      The program would capture all the menus in a program and they could be
      saved to a text file. It put an ampersand in front of the letters that
      activated the menu with the CTRL key.

      For example from NoteTab, it was something like this.:

      &File Menu

      I do not think it was Resource Hacker, as it only works on exes and not
      a runtime dependent language. I know, I just tested it. (I'm hoping that
      I am not thinking of the wrong program used with resource hacker. After
      all it's been a few years.)

      The Resource Hacker site says it is no longer developed and points to
      another program, but it does not do what I need either.

      I suspect I am thinking of another program that gave me the menus
      instead of the program I need it for.

      I recall a program that you drag a target over the menu/program, and it
      extracts the text.

      If there is some other program/utility that can do this, please let me know.

      Larry Hamilton
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic