8110Re: [NTO] redirecting urls

    Jul 14 6:52 AM
      Mike Breiding wrote:
      > Xenu's Link Sleuth perhaps?
      > http://home.snafu.de/tilman/xenulink.html
      > It is fine for after the fact problem reporting but I want
      > to be preemptive.

      Thanks for that link, very helpful for me. As to your comment, isn't
      the opposite true? Any kind of reaction or redirection will only
      fire if and when someone actually clicks that link. Running a crawl
      can prevent that. And what would you redirect to? "Sorry, that link
      seems to be dead, please tell me about it."? The user will work the
      first part out for himself and in nine cases out of ten ignore the
      second. On top of that you'll make it nearly impossible for him to
      look for the page himself, most lost pages are down to internal
      restructuring in my experinence.