8091Re: [NTO] Double-Click Opens But Doesn't Play File

  • Ray Shapp
    Jul 9, 2008
      Hi Alec and Axel,

      Thanks for the great ideas. Playing with InstallRite and Revo Uninstaller and
      ERUNT (in case I make a mess of things) should be an interesting adventure.
      Unfortunately I have to drop this problem for a few days because my wife is in
      hospital (for relatively minor surgery). I will be Mr. Mom maybe until
      Saturday.

      I'll be back with results of the InstallRite comparison soon. Meanwhile, can
      you explain why HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WMVFile\shell\open\command on both PCs (see
      below) refers to Windows Media Player when the file association for WMV files
      is Zoom Player?

      Thanks again,

      Ray Shapp

      [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WMVFile\shell\open\command]
      @="\"C:\\Program Files\\Windows Media Player\\wmplayer.exe\" /prefetch:7 /Open
      \"%L\""
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic