8088Re: [NTO] Double-Click Opens But Doesn't Play File

  • Ray Shapp
    Jul 9, 2008
      Hi Axel,

      With your help, I may (or may not) have located the problem.

      <<It's all in the very first part HKCR (i.e. HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT)>>

      Here below my signature is a segment of the Registry of the new PC which I
      have exported. It shows that the Open command for WMV files is the Windows
      Media Player yet, when I look at file associations in
      Explorer-Tools-Option-File types, it shows Zoom Player as the associated
      application. I compared this part of the Registry with the same area of the
      Registry on the older (Dell 4550) PC. See both exported Registry branches
      below my signature. These branches of the Registries from the two PCs look
      identical.

      Please confirm that this is a real discrepancy. If it is, What would be the
      remedy? Alec has suggested uninstalling and re-installing Zoom Player using
      Revo Uninstaller. I haven't tried that, but I will unless you see a better
      fix.

      Thanks for your continuing help!

      Ray Shapp

      ***segment of Registry from Asus Quad 2.4MHz PC***

      Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

      [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WMVFile\shell\open]
      @="&Open"
      "LegacyDisable"=""

      [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WMVFile\shell\open\command]
      @="\"C:\\Program Files\\Windows Media Player\\wmplayer.exe\" /prefetch:7 /Open
      \"%L\""

      [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WMVFile\shell\open\DropTarget]
      "CLSID"="{CE3FB1D1-02AE-4a5f-A6E9-D9F1B4073E6C}"

      ***Segment of Registry from Older (Dell4550) PC***

      Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

      [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WMVFile\shell\open]
      @="&Open"
      "LegacyDisable"=""

      [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WMVFile\shell\open\command]
      @="\"C:\\Program Files\\Windows Media Player\\wmplayer.exe\" /prefetch:7 /Open
      \"%L\""

      [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WMVFile\shell\open\DropTarget]
      "CLSID"="{CE3FB1D1-02AE-4a5f-A6E9-D9F1B4073E6C}"
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic