8087Re: [NTO] Double-Click Opens But Doesn't Play File

    Jul 8, 2008
      Ray Shapp wrote:
      > Please tell me where in the Registry I should look for the parts
      > you suggest I should compare. I'll examine the two dumps
      > side-by-side in NTP.

      It's all in the very first part HKCR (i.e. HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT). First
      look at the entry beginning with a dot as in <.WMV>. All this usually
      does is define the (internal, not display) name of the file type. In my
      case this is <WMVFile>. Theb go further down to look at the entry for
      <WMVFile> -> shell -> open -> command. The content is a DOS commandline,
      in my case <"E:\W98-Prog\Windows Media Player\mplayer2.exe" "%1">.

      know what it's for exactly, but if present it seems to be important.