8076Re: [NTO] File Comparison Software

  • Alec Burgess
    Jun 30, 2008
      Sheri (silvermoonwoman@...) wrote (in part) (on 08-06-30 at 11:05):
      > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com <mailto:notetab%40yahoogroups.com>, Art
      > Kocsis <artkns@...> wrote:
      > > BTW, I did find and DL KDiff. Looks interesting. I have been
      > > using Beyond Compare (http://www.scootersoftware.com/
      > <http://www.scootersoftware.com/>) which is
      > > the best I have ever seen to date but it doesn't do 3-way
      > > compares. (Just checked their website, they just released a new
      > > beta - good until end of July if you want to try it out.)
      > I use both kdiff3 and winmerge, both of which are free and better imo
      > than the commercial software I used to use (ExamDiff Pro).
      Art: I've previously used the CompareIt! / SynchronizeIt! pair (google)
      in permanent trial mode. I found the ability to perform regex
      transformations on the text useful when (say) comparing log files
      covering similar events generated at different times - so the different
      dates can be ignored in the comparison. (About the only thing you gave
      up by not registering is the ability to copy changes from one version to
      the other).

      However, I just got the Beyond Compare v3 beta - very impressive after
      my brief look at it.