806Re: [NTO] Blockquote

    Aug 22, 2000
      Hi Emmett,

      >I like style sheets, you can do so much more with them and make
      >pages look so much nicer than using HTML "hacks". Saying "margin-
      >left: 1in; margin-right:1in" is a lot easier than trying to write
      >tables to get margins on the page. The reason I don't use them
      >more is because they're not backwards compatible. Pages that look
      >beautiful on the latest versions of NS and IE look awful on a 3.0
      >browser. Maybe someday everyone will have upgraded to a decent
      >browser but for now we're stuck using the HTML layout tags.

      I agree that some things are easier, especially for the web
      authors that do it on a daily basis, but for the beginners and
      those with no programming experience CSS can be extremely
      confusing.

      >I wouldn't badmouth the W3C too much.

      I really try hard not too, believe it or not and do understand
      they are trying to get some order to the whole mess. It seems to
      me they make some things more difficult than it needs to be
      though and they seem to have no regards for the beginner or
      weekend hobbyist HTMLers. But as you implied - M$/IE are going
      to do whatever pleases them and could care less about anybody else.

      I appreciate your two cents. ;)

      Happy HTML'n!
      Jody

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab