8039[NTO] Re: Extracting Disc Search results to a text document

  • Sheri
    Jun 8, 2008
      --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Scism <jeff@...> wrote:

      > Sheri wrote:
      > > If you want to use another program to do the searching and then
      > > copy the results to the clipboard or to file, try Agent Ransack.
      > > It is a freebie that Jody discovered and recommended. I routinely
      > > use it for disk searches. I have NoteTab on my Send-To list, so
      > > if I want to immediately open one of the files found, I can
      > > right-click it in Agent Ransack and send it to NoteTab.
      > >
      > > http://www.mythicsoft.com/agentransack/
      > >
      > > Regards,
      > > Sheri
      > Opening any of the files ( or all if the results are not too
      > many) isn't a problem, I just need a list of the file names where
      > the search terms are found, a step toward manual indexing the
      > 13,000 page website. The majority of the pages are named for the
      > individual they reference (surname-forename-middle.htm) so the
      > results would be a index like link list after processing. (1100
      > of the individuals are known Masons, I want to extract ONLY their
      > names as an example. Extracting the file names would accomplish
      > that.)

      When you save results in Agent Ransack, you can save just a list of
      the file names, or the search text matches, or both. What I said about
      opening files from Agent Ransack was just to point out that it can fit
      in well with using NoteTab.
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic