803Re: [NTO] Blockquote

    Aug 22, 2000
      Hi Michael,

      >From what I understand, tage like <CENTER> and <FONT> and the
      >ALIGN parameter of the Header tags have been deprecated by the
      >w3c and will eventually be dropped. A better, and easier method
      >would be to use stylesheets or XML. A simple method, one that I
      >use quite frequently is:

      While I agree that one day we may be forced to use style sheets
      for certain things, I find, for beginners, they extremely
      difficult to learn. I find them quite difficult myself still to
      understand and definitely a lot harder to use than <CENTER> and
      <FONT>. I am very sorry that some committee took it upon itself
      to try to get rid of them. I hope the main browsers override
      them and keep supporting it.

      cya,
      Jody

      Bradley's Bromide:

      If computers get too powerful, we can organize
      them into a committee -- that will do them in.
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic