802Re: [NTO] Blockquote

  • J. Michael Mollohan
    Aug 22, 2000
      Phil wrote:
      > >Some smart guy please go to www.comnett.net/~phil/gh11.html

      Jody responded:

      > >and look at this chapter of my E-book and see if I can " Justify" the
      > >text below "GH-11" (a fourth of the way down on the left)
      >
      > <H4 ALIGN="justify">This particular little bit is NOT part of this chapter
      in the book. It was added to explain what YOU are seeing....</H4>

      > <BR><BR>
      >
      > Add the ALIGN="justify" to every opening paragraph tag.
      >
      > find <P> and replace with <P ALIGN="justify">
      >
      > <H3>GH-11</H3>
      >
      > <P ALIGN="justify"><FONT face="Arial">
      > I want to go back and talk about building again, for a little bit.....</P>

      From what I understand, tage like <CENTER> and <FONT> and the ALIGN
      parameter of the Header tags have been deprecated by the w3c and will
      eventually be dropped. A better, and easier method would be to use
      stylesheets or XML. A simple method, one that I use quite frequently is:

      <!--

      body { font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
      font-size: 9pt;
      color: #000044;
      margin-top: 20px;
      background-image: url(nb.jpg)}

      P { font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
      font-size: 9pt;
      color: #000044;
      text-align: justify;
      text-indent: 3em}

      H3 {font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
      color: red;
      text-decoration: bold;
      text-align: center;
      font-size: 12pt }

      H4 {font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
      color: brown;
      text-decoration: bold;
      font-size: 14pt }
      -->

      Note in the P(aragraph) tag, the text-align parameter is set to "justify"
      which is what Phil was wanting to do. It also has a 3 em indent specified
      for every paragraph.

      The H3 tag specifies 12 point, bold red text, centered. This is a simple
      way to handle chapter and section headers and headlines, etc. Stylesheets
      rule!

      HTH

      Michael
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic