8017Re: [NTO] Anyone seen this error message before before?

  • buralex@gmail.com
    Jun 3, 2008
      Mike Breiding <mike@...> said on Jun 02, 2008 15:30
      -0400 (in part):

      > I get this error message occasionally and have never been able to
      > associate it with any particular action or application.
      > Is it familiar to anyone?
      >
      > Here is a screen shot.
      > http://mbreiding.us/temp/error.jpg
      Mike - from the following posts it sounds like it actually was a window
      raised by something called "PCMservice.exe" and you've got it removed now.

      For next time ...
      Have you got Process Explorer (from Sysinternals) on your system? One of
      many nice features it has, is a button on the toolbar which can be
      dragged onto any window. When mouse is released Process Explorer window
      is reshown with the owner of the window highlighted. If you double-click
      the process line it opens a properties window which can show you amongst
      other things the command-line used to start the task/process. This is
      often a good head-start to determining what is going on.

      Regards ... Alec -- buralex-gmail