7967Re: [NTO] Screen Resolutions

  • bruce.somers@web.de
    Apr 26, 2008
      My Macbook lists 800 x 600 in the resolutions I can set my screen to (along with most all the same resolutions that my WinPC lists) and when I've used counters/trackers on my sites in the past, it's detected screen resolution for visitors using Macs.
      --
      hth,
      alice ttlg

      800 x 600 is listed in Linux also.
      sisterscape

      Interesting. I wonder if that has changed. I used to test for the "standard resolutions" 800x600, 1024x768, 1152x864 and 1280x1024 and select the page to be displayed on that basis.

      Then, while visiting a friend who had a MAC G4 Powerbook, I found that she was seeing the (default) version for 800x600 although she had a screen width more than 1200. I've forgotten what the height was, but I now test for the width only - as I should have from the beginning - and I check for ranges, not specific values.

      I will stick to that of course, even if others have adopted the Windows standard resolutions.

      Sorry to have caused any confusion.

      Bruce
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic