7944Re: [NTO] Proofing OCR text => What is an efficient/tolerable method?

  • Jeff Scism
    Apr 23, 2008
      OCR programs differ in their accuracy.

      You want to start with the most accurate OCR engine you can get, that
      means less correcting of the results.

      There are several sites which compare performance on OCR engines.

      Try to find one that "learns" as you correct.

      I know of no way to speed it up, but Pagis has a good program that will
      walk you through the scan and the text at the same time.

      I have had trouble using Pagis on Vista, so I also have ABBYY fine
      reader and Simple OCR installed, "Simple" is perhaps the least accurate
      I have seen yet.

      There are some really accurate OCR engines, but they have high prices

      Mike Breiding wrote:
      > Greetings,
      > I have thousands of pages of OCR text to proof read.
      > With just a few pages I would normally do this by checking the original
      > against the OCR version.
      > But, it is going to cause me to go buggy doing this with all of the docs
      > I have scanned.
      > I was wondering about having someone read the origianal while I followed
      > with the scanned version.
      > This seems like it might be less strain, but it will take two people.
      > Any ideas or thoughs on this?
      > Thanks,
      > -Mike

      Jeffery G. Scism, IBSSG

      "Proponents of each side are vying with determination to prove their ignorance is greater than the other."

      President Andrew Jackson, discussing a bill going through the US Congress.

      Visit http://ibssg.org/
      For The Blacksheep website, MORE...

      Putnam County Indiana Biographies and Obituaries

      Montgomery County Indiana Biographies and Obituaries

      Fountain County Indiana Biographies and Obituaries
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic