7918Re: [NTO] shopping cart question

  • K B
    Feb 11, 2008
      Ubercart runs as a module in Drupal. In this case you would only
      enable the features in Drupal you needed, such as user permissions.
      What you are looking at could be somewhat complex, what isn't these
      days, but I would consider a basic Drupal install with a simple
      shopping cart to be comparable with a stand alone system. Of course if
      you wanted to run wordpress alongside there would be redundancies.

      On Feb 11, 2008 2:00 PM, Don - HtmlFixIt.com <don@...> wrote:
      > K B wrote:
      > > Hi Don,
      > >
      > > I use Ubercart with Drupal for my shopping cart needs. I have never
      > > set it up in the manner which you speak of, but Drupal is famous for
      > > it's fine grained user roles.
      > >
      > > Karen
      > >
      > > http://drupal.org/
      > >
      > > http://www.ubercart.org/
      > I was looking at Ubercart this morning and trying to understand if it
      > might do this. I am not sure if I have installed Drupal or not, I think
      > I have somewhere along the way. I have tended to really like WordPress
      > for CMS issues. I guess I wasn't sure what all was involved when I
      > really just need the cart and not cms in this instance. Can it run free
      > of drupal?
      > I do not believe that there is a mailing list in answer to sister, there
      > is a forum and I have posted over there to see what I find out. There
      > was a similar question asked in November with no response. Part of my
      > problem is that my question may need a group of all cart users, not a
      > particular cart, or something like that.
      > While I am off topic we often hear people ask if we should go to a forum
      > for NT, but frankly I think while you may make history harder to find,
      > you do gain reminders and involvement of people more often in
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic