7855Re: [NTO] Re: [NTB] PDF files

  • David Smart
    Dec 23, 2007
      > I agree. Creating PDFs for organizations or clubs should be banned!

      I'm probably missing your point here, but ...

      PDFs are great for organisations with wide and varied membership - e.g. for
      clubs. It means that a formatted document can be distributed with the
      knowledge that everyone can see it or print it without needing to have your
      particular brand or level of office software, or needing to buy some special
      display software. This benefit increases when the people producing separate
      documents for distribution are, themselves, possibly using different
      software.

      PDF should not be used for data storage (and I don't think it was ever
      intended by its designers that it should). If this is your complaint,
      then - yes I certainly agree. But not just for clubs, etc. It should never
      be used to hold data anywhere.

      Regards, Dave S