7853Re: [NTO] Re: [NTB] PDF files

  • Brian Binder
    Dec 21, 2007
      Yep, PDF is quite handy for handing off information where others don't
      have the appropriate program either. This is true for Microsoft
      Project, as an example. I use that for making projects all the time,
      yet 95% of my clients don't own it. With a PDF, they can view it all
      and stay up-to-date on statuses, as necessary.

      > Another researcher (who is NOW deceased) sent me his entire research
      > library on PDF, 30-40 years of his work, unfortunately he used password
      > protection, and the docs will not open. He didn't include the password,
      > and I didn't discover it until after he had passed away. Perhaps someday
      > I will be able to crack those files.

      Not like I'm looking for this to be some circumvention post, but if
      you'd like I can likely get the files unprotected for you. I say it
      with more than a good amount of confidence. I'll offer that I've never
      seen a PDF that I couldn't break the protection on safely. Happens to
      plenty of my clients after they put a password on and somehow forget it.
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic