7786Re: [NTO] All shortcuts are not created equal

    Nov 4, 2007
      Alec wrote:
      >Shortcuts displayed on the desktop actually come from two sources (just
      >as shortcuts from Start-Programs come from two sources)
      >If in Explorer you go to:
      >
      > * C:\Documents and Settings\<current user>\Desktop and then to
      > * C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop
      >
      >you'll see what I mean.
      >
      >The ones in All Users\Desktop sort first. If you never use another user
      >name you can move them all into one place or take advantage of the dual
      >sources to move some "important" ones either to the beginning or the end.

      Duh. Never occurred to me. Actually, I found mine in All Users.WINNT.
      All Users was empty. Boy, do I miss Win95! I've clung to 2K forever.
      Tomorrow I'll get a new machine with XP. Brace yourselves. There may
      be a lot of screaming and swearing! Also questions beginning "How do
      I turn off...", "How do I get rid of...." and so on. ;-)

      Thanks a bunch, Alec!