7785Re: [NTO] All shortcuts are not created equal

  • buralex@gmail.com
    Nov 4 6:19 PM
      loro <loro-spam01-@...> said on Nov 04, 2007 20:20 -0500 (in part):
      > Once upon the time, if I rightclicked on the desktop and chose to
      > Arrange Icons by Type, all shortcuts ended up in the beginning
      > (top-left). Now I get two bunches of them. One bunch is where it
      > always has been, to the top left. Another bunch sorts itself between
      > files with an extension beginning with "r" and files with an
      > extension beginning with "s". Why is this? Can I change it? All the
      > shortcuts look the same to me. I don't understand what the difference is.
      Shortcuts displayed on the desktop actually come from two sources (just
      as shortcuts from Start-Programs come from two sources)
      If in Explorer you go to:

      * C:\Documents and Settings\<current user>\Desktop and then to
      * C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop

      you'll see what I mean.

      The ones in All Users\Desktop sort first. If you never use another user
      name you can move them all into one place or take advantage of the dual
      sources to move some "important" ones either to the beginning or the end.

      Regards ... Alec -- buralex-gmail