7784All shortcuts are not created equal

    Nov 4, 2007
      Hi!

      Once upon the time, if I rightclicked on the desktop and chose to
      Arrange Icons by Type, all shortcuts ended up in the beginning
      (top-left). Now I get two bunches of them. One bunch is where it
      always has been, to the top left. Another bunch sorts itself between
      files with an extension beginning with "r" and files with an
      extension beginning with "s". Why is this? Can I change it? All the
      shortcuts look the same to me. I don't understand what the difference is.

      TIA