7743Re: [NTO] Add Blog To Website

  • alice ttlg
    Sep 30, 2007
      On 9/30/07, Axel Berger <Axel-Berger@...> wrote:

      > I'll admit there is something in that. Though for all here facing
      > similar problems in straight HTML may I remind you of the basic W3C
      > article:
      >
      > "Cool URIs don't change": http://www.w3.org/Provider/Style/URI

      Actually, that's exactly what MovableType (similar to WordPress) does
      - it can do the same date type archive structure that they espouse in
      that article. I think that WordPress can too, it's something you
      chose when you set up either program. MT can also archive by category
      which can be more useful depending on the type of site and it can also
      do both types of archives at the same time, category and date
      structure - iirc WP can also do that.

      So CMS can be very useful for creating good, long-lasting URIs and
      it's all created on the fly as you add new articles or new categories,
      as time changes and a new month or new year rolls around, the CMS
      automatically creates the necessary folders to store the addiitional
      new content.

      --
      alice ttlg

      Vox Populli, webhosting for fans
      http://www.populli.org/
      Glenfinnan, webhosting for everything else
      http://www.glenfinnanhosting.com/
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic