7742Re: [NTO] Add Blog To Website

    Sep 29, 2007
      sisterscape wrote:
      > The DB shifts things around accordingly and keeps track of cross-
      > references etc. Doing this in straight HTML would be pure torture!

      I'll admit there is something in that. Though for all here facing
      similar problems in straight HTML may I remind you of the basic W3C

      "Cool URIs don't change": http://www.w3.org/Provider/Style/URI

      Basically if you name and place files for what they are rather than for
      what you're using them for at the moment, you can completely rearrange
      your pages without having to move stuff. Many companies and other big
      organisations rubbish all your bookmarks every couple of months or so as
      a matter if course. On my own site I provide forwarding files and even a
      server redirect for those who might have bookmarked an ill-chosen
      earlier arrangement of things.

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic