7691Re: [NTO] Re: DOS Programs on LCDs XP and Vista

  • Larry Hamilton
    May 29, 2007
      Alex, All,

      Yes, I know about the ALT+ENTER and the full screen properties on the
      shortcut.

      By "not run" I should have translated. ;-) The program runs, but you
      cannot read it.

      This must be something with the driver. I have tried Googling the
      monitor, graphics card, and driver, but do not get helpful results.

      A co-worker who has XP and an LCD and was on vacation last week, tried
      the apps on his system and it worked.

      We do not support client's hardware, but this client does not have their
      own IT department, so I was trying to figure it out as a courtesy. I was
      also hoping the answer would help my father's issue.

      I do not trust having my Dad change drivers or other settings. He "had"
      to get a new computer because the old one was "broken". He gave it to
      me. I took out the new RAM chip he got, and it started right up (It was
      the wrong kind of RAM.). He did not take my advice on optimizing his old
      PC (Spybot S&D, dumping all the expensive utilities & bloatware, etc.).
      I did what I told him to do and it runs great. I think he just wanted an
      excuse to get a new computer. I'll just have to fiddle with it next time
      we make it back for a visit. ;-)

      My Dad & sister could not figure out the LCD monitor. One of my
      brother's went by and hit the power button, and it started working. Of
      course, they tried that already. ;-)

      It would be a lot easier if I did not live almost 600 miles away. I
      tried getting a remote software setup, but that's another story. Ah, the
      joys of trying to be a good son. ;-)

      Larry Hamilton
      Kairos Computer Solutions
      http://www.kairoscomputers.com/