7684Re: [NTO] DOS Programs on LCDs XP and Vista

  • alice ttlg
    May 28, 2007
      On 5/28/07, Axel Berger <Axel-Berger@...> wrote:
      > I don't believe that. To the computer the LCD is just a VGA-plug with a
      > certain requirements for resolution and horizontal and vertical
      > frequencies. This has no bearing whatever on what can and can not be
      > shown on that screen.

      I think it may relate to the LCD drivers for Vista tho - from what
      I've read on Vista, it likes to decide what's best :) and newer
      monitor drivers can be quite intuitive, even with WinXP (I encountered
      this when setting up boss' new PC with fancy LCD monitor earlier this
      year). The drivers for the monitor specific to Vista may have some
      sort of auto-setting to always show DOS in windows rather than
      allowing full screen. There are likely ways to override that but that
      may be why it's happening with the LCD monitors and not with CRT
      monitors.

      --
      alice ttlg

      LJ: http://alicettlg.livejournal.com/