7683Re: [NTO] DOS Programs on LCDs XP and Vista

  • alice ttlg
    May 28, 2007
      On 5/28/07, lm_hamilton <lmh@...> wrote:

      > My dad has a new PC with MS Vista. He has an old DOS database program
      > PC-FILE that he keeps all of his addresses. He says it will not run
      > full screen.

      I know that in XP, typing "cmd" in Start > Run, gets you full screen
      DOS while "command" gets you a DOS window.

      How is he running these programs? Thru a batch file? Perhaps somehow
      using command rather than cmd? (It's been way too long since I messed
      with DOS programs and batch files...)

      And check the shortcut he's using, with shortcuts to DOS programs in
      XP, you can right click, select Properties and then there's various
      extra tabs relating to the DOS program environment, including "Screen"
      where you can select Full-screen or Window.

      I don't have Vista (switched to a Macbook instead) but there may be
      options there similar to XP.

      --
      alice ttlg

      LJ: http://alicettlg.livejournal.com/