7501Re: [NTO] benefits of disk imaging?

  • sisterscape
    Oct 2, 2006
      Yes, Acronis has worked very well for me. I have restored images
      perhaps 5 times and it's always worked flawlessly. However, the
      restore was to the same computer. While it's possible to clone to a
      new replacement C drive, I don't know that it's possible to restore to
      an entirely different machine/system as all the hardware,
      configurations etc. will be different. Check out the Acronis forums at
      http://www.wilderssecurity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65
      for an answer.

      sisterscape

      --- bruce.somers@... wrote:

      > > I will be buying a new computer soon, running xp pro. I would love
      > > to minimize the agonizing re-install of all my favorite apps and
      > > their settings. I have the impression that there is no way around
      > > this, but can some of it be lessened by imaging the curent hard
      > drive
      > > and restoring all or part of its contents to the new system?
      > >
      > > thanks for any wisdom.
      > >
      > > Dean
      >
      > You should look at Acronis TrueImage and perhaps others, and then
      > make your own decision.
      >
      > I have just reinstalled WIN 2000 and it is a grand catastrophe!
      > Costing time measured in days!
      >
      > Bruce

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic