7499Re: [NTO] benefits of disk imaging?

  • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
    Oct 2, 2006
      Dean Martineau wrote:
      > I will be buying a new computer soon, running xp pro. I would love
      > to minimize the agonizing re-install of all my favorite apps and
      > their settings. I have the impression that there is no way around
      > this, but can some of it be lessened by imaging the curent hard drive
      > and restoring all or part of its contents to the new system?
      >
      > thanks for any wisdom.
      >
      > Dean

      Good idea to have a full backup that you can restore from if you wish.
      I find it healthy and good to start over however. Speed improves and
      registries become unclogged and so forth, so I usually don't image and copy.

      Vista will be out in three short months. So if you wait the price on xp
      machines is likely to drop soon I suspect.
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic