      From: "David Ash" <yho@...>
      To: <ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Monday, June 12, 2006 4:20 PM
      Subject: Re: [NTO] Yahoo facelift

      Don - HtmlFixIt.com wrote:

      > I think that [Thunderbird] does NOT retrieve any
      > images (which includes counters) unless you ask it
      > to. So what it retrieves is only the source of the
      > html which is... just text with mark-up and thus
      > fairly light in bandwidth Jody. Yet another reason
      > (in addition to virus avoidance) to get Thunderbird.

      Nor (to be fair) does Outlook Express retrieve image by default these
      days. Instead, your message is prefaced with: "Some pictures have been
      blocked to help prevent the sender from identifying your computer. Click
      here to download pictures."

      D+

      Yahoo! Groups Links
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic