7358Re: [NTO] Yahoo facelift - Yikes - Change Settings to Traditional?

    Jun 9, 2006
      Hi Lotta,

      I'm still getting plain text messages. If and when yahoogroups
      forces html on us, I'll be searching for a new mailing list
      provider. I would go without web only and archives before I can
      handle html. I have to use it on my support addresses, but
      personally, I'm with that crowd that says html belongs on the
      web, not in email! ;)

      Yikes! I happened to notice the email weight difference (which is
      why I despise html in email) and saw the new footers. First I
      went to the group settings and it all is the same. You change
      then in your personal settings (Edit Membership) at any group you
      are signed on to. Check the box for "Traditional" under "Message
      Preference." I hope that is all it takes to turn off the html
      footers.

      I'm off line for a while now and will try to check on it later.
      If the above action turns it off, I'll posy on the other 3 main
      lists. (I don't see "Plain Text" anymore.)

      >Eek! I assumed you meant the web archive. I accept HTML but I use
      >an old copy of Eudora. When I don't use IE as the reader (which I
      >can't because of incompatibilities with IE6), only some
      >formatting gets through. Colors and fonts and such. Full
      >website-like HTML emails, like this seems to be, are severely
      >broken. But I can tell you I still get the posts in plain text
      >and they look as they've always done. Maybe they are rolling it
      >out gradually?

      >I hope they'll still allow plain test. Maybe you are a victim of
      >the yahoo gremlin who changes people's setting for them now and
      >then. When that happened to me it took a while before I was back
      >on plain text. If this really can't be tuned off... JODY!!!
      >HELP!!!

      bcnu,
      jody

      I can only please one person a day.