725Re: [NTO]Reformat C:\ drive

  • Ray Shapp
    Jul 9 6:47 PM

      I obtained GWSCAN from the www.gateway.com over a year ago. It doesn't do
      any formatting. It simply writes zeros into every available byte of your
      hard disk. Gateway may have customized it but the original copyright in the
      GWSCAN text file is from Western Digital. I worked on my Pentium II
      machines (I didn't test it on any other machines). If anyone DOES get
      GWSCAN, the password for the part of the program that writes zeros is:
      GW2K (all caps).

      I offered the info on GWSCAN only as a prototype. You may be better off
      using the "secure delete" applications referenced by Jim.

      Ray Shapp
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic