      From: acummingsus
      To: ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2006 3:58 PM
      Subject: [NTO] Re: Problem with WD hd

      --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, "Ed" <ebrown1927@...> wrote:

      > I have a 200 gig Western Digital Hard Drive. When I run their HD
      setup cd it only recognizes 137 g. Is there away to make it say the
      whole 200 gigs.

      I recently had the same prob with a Seagate 300 gig SATA drive and Win 2K.

      Finally I first got the correct driver (from the cd disk that came
      with the HD) installed. (evidently due to the older age of Win 2K
      versus the much newer 300 gig SATA drive -- there's no driver in the
      Win 2K driver base of drivers that would work)

      It was only after installing the correct driver from CD disk that then
      that some setup utility on the same CD was able to detect that the 48
      bit addressing needed to be enabled in the windows registry and
      offered me a yes/no choice I chose yes to enable 48 bit it prompted me
      to reboot and now all is fine, detected as 300 gig.

      --
      Alan.