7072IE7 Beta2 public release

  • sisterscape
    Feb 1, 2006
      IE7 Beta2 was released yesterday -
      http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE...taredirect.mspx

      I have not installed as it overwrites IE6. Some hacks are emerging to
      run it in side-by-side mode but haven't sorted out enough for me to
      feel comfortable taking the plunge.

      I tested my sites with the installation on BrowserCam. Most site fared
      OK but the CSS horizontal rollover/dropdown navigation on
      www.prodigytek.com is totally fubared. It took hours of hair-pulling to
      get it to work cross-browser in the first place. I can't bear the
      thought of having to take this back to the drawing board.

      Here is the screen capture so you can see just how bad it is -
      http://www.eartherdesigns.com/sitepoint/tek_IE7.jpg

      Some of you may want to give it a try. There is plenty of commentary
      appearing in blogs including the one at MSDN. The final release will
      undoubtedly create headaches for most designers so be prepared.

      sisterscape

      http://mail.yahoo.com