6906Re: [NTO] Problem: 30 seconds to open txt file

  • xtx222003
    Dec 14, 2005
      Hi Jeffery,

      I have Norton as well, I looked at this a week ago, I even set it to
      exclude scanning txt files, it made no difference.

      The .ini file must be updating because when I open NTP all the files
      I left open, open with it.

      All my troubleshooting to date only makes a stronger case that the
      issue is with NT, but if Norton were the problem, how would you go
      about addressing it?

      So my firewall might let HomeSite, Word, Dreamweaver, notepad and
      other text editors open a txt file immediately, but block the same
      file for 30 seconds when opening it with NT??

      Thanks,
      Corl

      > Since it seems to happen on frst opening, I would look at either
      the
      > Firewall or the antivirus to be the culprit. My Norton System Works
      > scans programs as they close, and prevents them from updating their
      INI