6882[NTO] Re: Problem: 30 seconds to open txt file

  • acummingsus
    Dec 7, 2005
      [ some networked text file take 30 seconds to open in Notetab. ]

      Wild shot in the dark: Win XP have indexing service for files turned
      on by default (I think). I wonder if Win XP trys to index such file
      (perhaps somehow XP not knows that it's a networked file).

      Is your delay occur when use the Notetab file open dialog?

      Instead of that method, have you tried using the Win XP file explorer
      to drag and drop the file into Notetab to see if this makes any
      (speed) difference? (not as a solution but just for troubleshooting
      purposes).

      Alan.
    • Show all 44 messages in this topic