6874[NTO] Re: Problem: 30 seconds to open txt file

  • Bruce Lybbert
    Dec 6, 2005
      Corl :

      If your using a standard windows install the temp directory will be
      on your c drive. To find out for sure go to a command prompt and
      type set your looking for the line temp= and or tmp=
      If this is set to a network drive this could be part of the problem.

      --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, "xtx222003" <xtx222003@y...>
      > Hi Bruce,
      > I'm running XP sp2, all current patches. 512 RAM.
      > I'm assuming you aren't talking about where "temporary Internet
      > are stored. Where would I inspect and adjust the windows temporary
      > directory?
      > Thanks,
      > Corl
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic