6867Re: [NTO] Re: Problem: 30 seconds to open txt file

  • John Mitchell
    Dec 5, 2005
      Monday, December 5, 2005, 11:53:16 AM, xtx222003 wrote:
      > Thanks John M, I hope that is a positive note for my situation.
      >
      > Corl

      Corl

      I wonder if Dave is on the right track. He said... "If you use notetab
      across network it always go back to where it last was". I understand
      this to mean that NTB tries to reopen whatever files are "remembered"
      in the INI (have a look at the [AutoLoad] section). There may be
      circumstances where the remembered files are causing the delay. Try
      letting Notetab do its thing for however long it takes (30 secs, you
      said) then close all open files and close and reopen NTB. If it still
      takes more than a couple of seconds then this theory is blown.
      --
      Regards, John M
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic