6845Problem: 30 seconds to open txt file
- Nov 29, 2005Hi -- I'm having trouble opening txt files with NTP though our local
area network. It takes 30 seconds to open small txt files, even when
opening them from within NTP. The other computer on the LAN has no
troubles at all opening txt files.
* Same HP hardware with WinXP Home on both computers.
* Both have NTP loaded.
* Both have Replace MS Notepad activated.
* Used rrNotepad.clb on both to make Replace MS Notepad stick.
* 20 feet of cat5 cable for LAN.
What settings do I need to tweak in NTP, or in XP to correct this
All suggestions welcome.
- Next post in topic >>