6649Re: [NTO] Any other strategies?

  • R Shapp
    Aug 6, 2005
      Hi Adrian and all,

      Please get additional opinions about the Linksys router before you buy it. I
      have installed three of them in three different locations. Only one has been
      trouble-free. The others each intermittently give false IP addresses. The
      model number in all cases is WRT55AG (Dual-Band Wireless A+G Broadband
      Router). A friend told me he had similar problems with Linksys routers at his
      place of business. He cured the problem by switching to D-Link routers. I
      don't know the model numbers involved at his shop.

      I replaced my two faulty Linksys units with the D-Link 108G Gaming router, and
      have had no recurring problems.

      YMMV

      Ray Shapp
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic