6629Re: Re: [NTO] Re: [NTB] Mouse Wheel over Terminal Services Client

  • Alec Burgess
    Jul 6, 2005
      Jody:

      > To get it to work with the Outlines and Quick
      > List, you need to go into KatMouse's Settings...
      > and click on the Classic tab. drag/drop the
      > symbol thing over the pane when it gets focused
      > -you'll see it get outlined like. It will add
      > that to its list in the Classic tab. Double
      > click on it and uncheck all boxes.

      Classes tab, not Classic :-)

      Good find.

      I tried to duplicate your results but on my first try I dragged the icon on
      all five panes and did the double-click and untick "Windows scrolling
      support" and had problems - not all would work.

      When I removed all classes and added back just the two that seemed to be
      problematic:
      QuickList == TToolListbox, and
      OutlineHeaders == TTxtListbox

      I was finally successful too :-)

      Thanks for the feedback, hopefully I'll remember the double-click trick if I
      run into problematic windows in other apps!

      Regards ... Alec
      --
      ; ( ) { } [ ] \ | 9 0 + = () {} []

      >>> Just tested - three out of five ain't perfect but its
      >>> better than nothing
      >
      > I did better than you; I have 5 out of 5! :) Thanks
      > bunches! I
      > only tried KatMouse which is good enough for me. Thanks
      > again!!!
      >
      > To get it to work with the Outlines and Quick List, you
      > need to
      > go into KatMouse's Settings... and click on the Classic
      > tab.
      > drag/drop the symbol thing over the pane when it gets
      > focused -
      > you'll see it get outlined like. It will add that to its
      > list in
      > the Classic tab. Double click on it and uncheck all
      > boxes. I just
      > stumbled across it clicking around myself and had to try
      > the
      > different settings till I fount the one that did it.
      >
      >> One more suggestion:
      >> TweakUI has on its mouse tab an X-Mouse option.
      >> Activation follows mouse - with this one focus follows
      >> the mouse - if you move the mouse to another window
      >> you'll see the Title
      >> bar switch from (say) grey to blue.
      >>
      >> I usually have it set with an activation delay of 500ms.
      >>
      >> I just tested by turning it off and KatMouse scrolling
      >> of background windows works with or without it, but you
      >> might want to try setting it on to see how you like it.
      >>
      >> There is another option there: Autoraise when activating
      >> - I'd recommend you do *NOT* set that one.
      >
      > Thanks for those, but I'm going to quit while I'm ahead.
      > If it works, don't fix it! ;)

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic