6564Re: [NTO] Backup to DVD (was Simple mistake huge consequence)

  • Larry Hamilton
    May 11, 2005
      Subu,

      One freeware, but not open source, I use SyncBak, it has a free and a
      pro version at

      http://www.2brightsparks.com/downloads.html

      It appears that the free version is recently updated, but the tone I get
      from their updated web site is that it may not be around much longer.

      The pay version is $15.00.

      For free and open source, you might try a search of Sourceforge:

      http://sourceforge.net

      I tried the term "backup" and it came back with lots of possibilities,
      but I am not familiar with any of these. I do use several other programs
      that are Sourceforge products, such as FileZilla FTP client, or 7-Zip,
      and am satisfied with them.

      Larry Hamilton
      Kairos Computer Solutions
      http://www.kairoscomputers.com/
      Sales Affiliate for Grisoft Anti-Virus

      Subu S wrote:
      > May I also request other members to come up with *open source* /
      > freeware backup utilities that may be *good enough*
      >

      > Regards
      >
      > Subu
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic