6310Re: RE: [NTO] Firefox help

  • Alec Burgess
    Feb 28 7:07 PM
      Christine/Josh/Don:

      Christine: > ...tab browser extensions...?
      > I'm already rebuilding my main machine because I messed
      > (again) with too much incompatible free and shareware!
      > <LOL> Do I need to fear? Or at least worry?

      Since Firefox version 1.0 most extensions can be easily and safely
      installed/disabled/uninstalled - YMMV :-)

      I'd used TabBrowserExtension for some time in previous releases but
      apparently it takes a rather heavy handed approach to replacing core pieces
      of Firefox. This fairly new extension:
      TabMix - http://hemiolapei.free.fr/divers/tabmix/tabmix.html.en seems to do
      a pretty good job of providing most of the functionality previously only
      available by using TBE (TabBrowserExtension) or else a host of smaller
      single purpose extensions some of which confilicted with each other.

      I just checked the options and it *does* include support for "Tabs at
      bottom" though I've never liked that style myself.

      Regards ... Alec
      --