      From: Jason W. [mailto:jwellband@...]
      Sent: 08 January, 2005 15.20
      To: ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [NTO] Outlook Express Folders

      If the user is using an older version of Outlook (say 2000 or 2002) OR
      they click Yes to the security prompt (which most will do), a script
      could read every object in a user's PST file. It's actually quite
      simple to do with VBScript and COM. The chance of getting a virus is
      roughly the same with Outlook as it is with Outlook Express since both
      have the same core set of HTML rendering vulnerabilities - meaning
      attachments can be run without the user's permission and files can be
      downloaded from remote websites and ran without being OK'ed.

      HTH, YMMV, HANW :)

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic