6105Re: [NTO] Common or not so common typographical characters

  • Ed Brown
    Dec 2, 2004
      These will work, I used them and got a no validate from W3c but, it was
      three periods in a row at the same point that is was objecting to, not
      as I first thought the $#178 which is what I used. After I found the 3
      periods which indicate usually that you are skipping the first part or
      the last part of a sentence and using only the part that makes the point
      you wish to make. Now the computer has just developed a thing to change
      the fonts and font size in the middle of the road. I did not do this
      myself, at least not intentionally. Wow just look at what this ing is
      doing. What is going on here???
      Ed

      David Smart wrote:

      > The other option is to use HTML "entities" for them. E.g. ² or
      > ² for superscript two. An extensive list is at
      > http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_entitiesref.asp and other web sites.
      >
      > Dave S

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic