5780Re: [NTO] XP SP2

  • jorigami
    Sep 2, 2004
      --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, "Alec Burgess" <burale@a...>
      wrote:

      > With SP2 raising the security bar for Windows,

      Thomas C Greene seems to think different about the raising bar:
      http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/09/02/winxpsp2_security_review/

      > Its an MSI file which "installs" an 80 page DOC file!

      I wonder if it's similar to the MS security PDF which required EULA
      agreement (!) before install. Opening the installation file allowed
      extracting the file without that nonsense :)

      > maybe until Longhorn's successor arrives (2006+?) which is
      apparently going
      > to be the one that implements their whiz-bang new File System which
      make
      > your entire harddrive a fully indexed database.

      Which was first done in BeOS and will be in OSX Tiger before MS gets
      it out.

      (You guessed it, bad day with MS products...)

      Jorma
    • Show all 41 messages in this topic