5590Re: E-Gads- 16.2 MILLION bytes in cache...

  • jaguwar@sumrallworks.com
    Jul 2, 2004
      --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, jeff scism <scismgenie@a...> wrote:
      > My compiuter has been running slow and running out of resources within
      > minutes of starting Netscape, I think I found the problem.
      >
      > Netscape sets its own Cache file and defaults to it, however the
      Windows
      > Temporary Internet Files folder just keeps on storing every webpage, in
      > whole, that you ever visit. and doesn't get emptied.
      >
      > The Windows Temp Folder has 87 files of webpages, over 1.4 GIGS, I am
      > clearing it, and so far it is still emptying after 10 minutes...
      >
      > GEEZ.
      Netscape 7+ has a memory leak issue when run on Win98 SE. See
      http://sillydog.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2474 for discussion on this
      and other issues with Netsacpe. In fact, you may want to bookmark
      that site to keep up with Netscape/Mozilla info.

      Meantime, you may want to switch over to the highly stable and
      appreciated Firefox. I hear really good things about it.

      Michelle (Jag)
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic