5529Re: Re: [NTO] Small Font

    May 26, 2004
      rbmooney wrote:
      >Frankly, the only diff. I ever see is that silkscreen is ALL CAPS and it has the value of expansion or reg. setting. But...it does look nice under small thumbnail jpgs or other misc small icons.

      Yes, as Greg said, that's the purpose of those small fonts. You don't use them in documents but in graphics, for instance for button captions. They are made up of distinct pixels without any anti-aliasing or smoothing of any kind. That makes them crisp but only at their true size. 1 pixel too much or too little and they get distorted.

      You can see an example of how they really look here:
      http://minifonts.com/images/onflashgrid.gif