5335Re: [NTO] Transferring NTP and MB from WIN98se to WINXP

  • Larry Thomas
    Apr 7, 2004
      Hi Larry,

      At 11:01 AM 4/7/04 -0400, you wrote:
      >Another less expensive option, would be one of those new pocket USB drives.
      >I forget their technical name, but I think you can get them up to 128 MB,
      >probably bigger, and they plug into any USB drive. They are not much bigger
      >than the plug on one end of a USB cable and have a cover with a clip to put
      >in your front pocket. If both PCs have USB ports, I think this should meet
      >the needs for grabbing your files and data off the old PC. I think prices
      >are about $30 for 64 MB. With the near ubiquity of USB, this may be the
      >thing that can finally replace the floppy. This is really important since
      >more PCs are being made without floppy drives.
      >
      >I plan to get one to save having to email stuff between work and home.
      >
      >Larry Hamilton

      I have three of them. They are called Jump Drives and they use flash
      memory to store information more or less permanently like a CD ROM but they
      are re-writeable like a RAM chip. I really love mine and I am all the time
      swapping files between my Desktop and Laptop machines. I also use mine to
      swap pictures with my Brother when I go over to his howse. You can (if you
      are willing to spend between $300 and $500 dollars) get one that will hold
      about 4 Gigabytes. They only have two problems that I see. They are
      expensive so you would not use them for long term storage and they are
      slightly slower than RAM to write to.

      Regards,

      Larry
      lrt@... e¿ê