5325Re: System Restore - WAS - Re: [NTO] MS Internet Explorer/System Restore

  • Jim Hall
    Apr 6, 2004
      At 10:48 AM 4/6/2004, you wrote:
      >I have WinXP Home and it has always had System Restore. It does NOT have MS
      >Backup if you have one of the PCs with the basic "restore" CD. You can only
      >get it with the full version CD, and install it as an "extra".

      That is good to know, thanks for letting me know.

      >This is one of the many things I do not like about the way MS differentiated
      >the Home and Pro versions of XP.

      I hear you!

      >It is still much better than any Windows 95 or 98 since it rarely crashes
      >and is more secure. I just wish XP Pro did not cost as much as a new PC with
      >XP Home. This is one more thing that makes Linux so much more appealing.

      I don't know anything that makes Linux appealing :-)

      I don't like Windows either but it is the lesser of 2 evils if you have to work in the real world with major coorporations..

      >I just have a lot of work to do to prepare my wife for the change.

      Rotsa ruck!

      > Going from Windows 95 to Windows XP Home was a big enough change a couple of years
      >ago. At least now she is used to having to log in to use the PC. ;-) Most of
      >the other programs she uses are covered by Open Office, Mozilla, and several
      >email clients. At least I can have her try them in Windows first, since they
      >are basically the same in Linux. The big hold up is me finding all the tools
      >and utilities to do all the things I do and finding the time to figure them
      >out. I know they're out there, and I am slowly building my parallel
      >collection. At least I have NoteTab running under Wine! I may even do the
      >same with a couple of others.

      You are a glutton for punishment aren't you :-)
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic