5311Re: [NTO] [NTB] Re: Adding "Open with NoteTab" to the Shell

    Apr 2, 2004
      Hi Roger,

      (Thanks for the other info Alec Burgess Re: http://www.xs4all.nl/~wstudios/Associate/)

      >> It appears that the utility "ContextEdit" will do it. However,
      >> PCMag has changed their policy...
      >
      >What makes you think I downloaded it from there? 8-)

      <bg> Well, that'd be cheat'n. :) So, how's this for the
      top level content menu to add and clear. Got to run now,
      but will put it up as a Library with a surprise bonus Clip
      tomorrow. See ya! -jody Good luck. If you do not know the
      registry, I'd hold off on using this until other test it. <g>

      <--- Copy below this line --->
      H=NoteTab All File Types
      ; THIS IS FOR A WinXP Machine; should work on others, but !!! Use at own risk !!!
      ; eMailed on 04-02-2004, ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Jody
      ; notetab.net, clean-funnies.com, fookes.us, sojourner.us

      ; This Clip adds registry entries so that any file can be
      ; right clicked over and opened in NoteTab by clicking on
      ; the top level content menu entry "Open with ^$GetProgName$"
      ; The program name will be the version of NoteTab that you
      ; execute the Clip from, one of the three:
      ; Open with NoteTab Pro
      ; Open with NoteTab Std
      ; Open with NoteTab Light
      ; Long lines ust be joined! Lines ending in \*\ should have
      ; line beneath it wrapped up to it with no space added.
      ; So, "shell" should be brought up to "\*\" looking like:
      ; ^!SaveRegValue HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\All File Types=Open with ^$GetProgName$

      ^!SaveRegValue HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\
      shell\All File Types=Open with ^$GetProgName$
      ^!IfError ShowError1

      ^!SaveRegValue HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\
      shell\All File Types\command="^$GetAppFileName$" "%1"
      ^!IfError ShowError2

      ^!SaveRegValue HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\*\
      shell\All File Types=Open with ^$GetProgName$
      ^!IfError ShowError3

      ^!SaveRegValue HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\*\
      shell\All File Types\command="^$GetAppFileName$" "%1"
      ^!IfError ShowError4
      ^!Goto End

      :ShowError1
      ^!Prompt Error creating registry key 1
      ^!Goto End
      :ShowError2
      ^!Prompt Error creating registry key 2
      ^!Goto End
      :ShowError3
      ^!Prompt Error creating registry key 3
      ^!Goto End
      :ShowError4
      ^!Prompt Error creating registry key 4

      H=Clear Registry NoteTab All File Types
      ; eMailed on 04-02-2004, ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Jody
      ; notetab.net, clean-funnies.com, fookes.us, sojourner.us
      ^!ClearRegValue HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell
      ^!ClearRegValue HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\All File Types
      ^!ClearRegValue HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\All File Types\command
      ^!ClearRegValue HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\*\shell
      ^!ClearRegValue HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\*\shell\All File Types
      ^!ClearRegValue HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\*\shell\All File Types\command

      <--- Copy above this line --->
      <--- Right click over a Library --->
      <--- Choose: Add from Clipboard --->

      All Fookes Software mailing lists: